Sunday, November 15, 2009

Let's Here it For New York, New York, New York

This will be my last post recapping NYC.

I skipped talking about Otto and Stage Deli on my Wednesday recap. We had lunch at Mario Batali's Otto on Wednesday and because we were SO FULL from that meal, we had a cheesecake and new pickles from Stage Deli for dinner after Mary Poppins. Highly reccomend both places!

Days 6 & 7: Thursday & Friday

Thursday was the day that Nate was canonized as a saint. He took me shopping for the ENTIRE DAY! Well not entirely, but pretty close. We started the day off with a ride on the (free) Staten Island Ferry.

We saw the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island from the ferry.

We did not stay on Staten Island though.

We came back and took the subway to SoHo. I was in heaven. There is AMAZING shopping in SoHo. I really wanted this cute pair of flats at the Emmett McCarthy EMC2 shop (former Project Runway contestant) but wouldn't you know it - they didn't have my size. :( I found another cute pair at Tory Burch. Again, none in my size. Oh well. We took a small break to eat at Katz's Deli, the deli that was featured in When Harry Met Sally (love that movie).


NYC Deli Pickles are AMAZING!

After Katz's we headed back to SoHO for more shopping. There was this great second hand store that I loved and spent over an hour in. I seriously could not believe what people decided to get rid of! Luckily, they were filming a Law & Order Criminal Intent right outside so Nate didn't get too bored!

We had another small meal at Balthazar. It was also fantastic.

Then it was back to 5th Avenue. I went into Bottega Veneta and the salesman was so amazing. He kept pulling out all of these secret drawers and showing me these amazing shoes. Then we went upstairs to preview the Spring Collection in case I wanted to order anything. Um, yeah right. If I were a zillionnaire I would have taken everything in that store!

We headed to Sushiagogo for dinner and on our way to one last trip to Magnolia Bakery (the Upper West Side one again) we walked through a filming for Wall Street 2. On our way back from the bakery, we went through the set again and they were using a rain machine. It was CRAZY.

Friday morning, I headed out for a run through Central Park. It was rather short though because I had some SORE legs from the amount of walking we did. Right when the ticker tape parade began for the Yankees, we were boarding a train to head towards Philadelphia.

Overall, NYC was amazing. I loved every minute of it and am probably suffering from some post-vacation depression. The title of this post is from the Jay-Z & Alicia Keys Empire State of Mind, which was all over the place the day we left. I guess they even performed it at the end of the parade. Awesome.

No comments: