Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Anniversary Pa & Nana!!

Over the weekend we also celebrated my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. We started out the celebration with a Mass in which they received a special blessing. After Mass we had dinner and cocktails at a nearby supper club. My aunts & mom arranged to have the centerpieces with yellow roses, which were their wedding flowers. They still had their cake topper so a mini cake was made with that too! My sister and I enjoyed looking through their wedding album and we wished that hats and gloves were still the style.

Then it was picture time -
Here are my siblings with Nana & Pa and our Great Grandpa T.


My necklace was from Forever 21. However, I jazzed it up a bit with an old clip on earring that was in the box of jewelry my sister & I purchased from my great grandpa's auction back in September. I'm not sure if the earring belonged to my great grandmother or another family member but it is very sparkly and I like it. I had thought about changing the back so that it would be a brooch but the clip on earring back works well to clip onto necklaces and headbands, which I have also done.

Here is a family picture - My niece was very excited to wear loads of pink tulle


All in all the celebration was very nice. I hope that I am lucky to make it 50 years as well!

1 comment:

caroldes7 said...

gosh! toni is getting so big. she looks adorable!