Thursday, October 15, 2009

Say it with me now: WOOHOO!

A lot of woohoo!s to share with you today:

1. I {finally} sold my old sewing machine on Craigslist. And the person that came to my house to buy it was not a creepy psycho. (I always worry about that!)

2. I made my aunt Jane's meatballs, homemade arrabiata sauce and spaghetti for dinner last night and it was fabulous.

3. I am a new found lover of the Land's End Inlet store. I got a pair of cords and a pair of slate chinos for $19.88 total. They fit perfectly and even were long enough! This store was basically in my backyard for the last 2 and 1/2 years and I never went in because I thought LE was for "old" people. Well maybe this is one of the signs that I am getting old.

4. My birdie sling bag is almost done!

5. Midterm grades are done and handed in!

6. We leave for NYC in 16 days!!

7. A paper I have been working on for work was FINALLY submitted!

8. And my biggest woohoo occurred this morning. As is well known, I am a huge fan of Bruce Springsteen. Nate even drove me to Cleveland over the summer to check out the special Bruce exhibit at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. My friend CP and I have tickets to the 11/15 show in Milwaukee. I will don my homemade I HEART BRUCE shirt and we will get there early in hopes to get as close to the front as possible (we ponyed up for the most expensive general admission seats). This tour, Bruce is playing entire albums from start to finish. This morning they announced that the Milwaukee show will feature BORN TO RUN! I love this album and it contains one of my all-time favorite songs, Thunder Road. I MISSED the announcement because I was in the shower, but thanks to my mom and Nate who called me to tell me and the several emails I got this morning as well. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Ali said...

Now, if you had only gotten your blood drawn again without passing out, I would say that is a WHOO HOO list worth printing and framing. Love that you have a LE store near you--I am telling you, between that and LL Bean, I am either slowly starting to turn into my mother (and the rise in my pants is getting too high, and pleats may mysteriously start appearing in the front), or they are changing their tune!

Can't wait to hear about NYC AND Bruce!!! Su-weet!