Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkins are Carved

Last Friday we crossed another of the 30 best restaurants in Milwaukee off our list. We had dinner with a bunch of friends at Maxie's Southern Comfort. I had pumpkin chicken soup, sweet potato frites, a pulled pork sandwich and bbq beans. Nate had jambalaya. We shared oysters with some others. All in all I have to say it was a good meal, although nothing that really knocked it out of the park. After dinner we headed to the C's house for Apples to Apples. Given my love for any board game, I had a great night. Oh, and I won 2 of the 3 games. ha ha ha

Saturday I made another birdie sling and we made two different pot roasts as my dad, his GF, my bro, niece, sister & her BF were coming over for dinner. The roasts turned out really well however, our house smelled like beef for a couple of days. After dinner we brought in our pumpkins for Toni to help carve. She loved it and even tried a bite of the raw pumpkin!



We also had birthday cake as the birthdays of my dad, brother and sister are pretty close together. The cake made Toni a little spastic and she entertained us for the rest of the night.

I also gave my sister her birdie sling as we are going to be in Philadelphia over her real birthday. She loved it! Woohooo.

1 comment:

Old MD Girl said...

I can't believe how big Toni has gotten! She must be getting close to K-garten age!