Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lara would love my $12 Target Dress Too

Ahhh. Our massages and steam treatments were nice. If I could figure out how to make one of those steam canopies for my bed, I would. So nice & warm!

After massages Nate-O & I took his brothers through the third ward before the rehearsal dinner. I found this Jamie Oliver cookbook at Retique for $8 so I was excited. Friday night was Gallery night in the 3rd ward so Blush was at Retique doing makeovers so I also got some fun eye makeup done.

The wedding was fun - our last of the 2009 season! And we actually cannot think of one engaged couple so the 2010 season is looking slim!

The ceremony was very beautiful and incorporated a lot of wonderful music. The bride is a music teacher and was a soloist in our wedding so we knew the music would be stellar. The reception venue was actually really classy - we didn't know what to expect from the Harley museum. There were Irish Dancers and matchmaking abound during the dance. Congrats to the newlyweds!

Nate wore his three-piece suit, ever the showstopper. I recyled my dress from the Wilde Wedding (a $12 Target special). This dress is now my go-2 dress. During wedding #1, I received a ton of compliments on it. One bridesmaid even went so far to say that it was the best dress of the wedding. The same thing happened at wedding #2 over the weekend. I think the server at our table was secretly plotting how she was going to rip it off me and run away. Ladies, next time you are searching through those Target clearance racks and find a fancy brown dress that you have no idea what you would wear it to, just buy it. It may become the best thing in your closet! Unfortunately I bought this dress last summer before BLK's wedding so I don't think it is available anymore.

We are now addicted to the show, The Wire. This was recommended to us by several friends so we put season one on hold at the library. It is an excellent show. We are just five years late to the table.

This Wednesday we are excited to check out Lagniappe Brasserie. We first heard of this restaurant at the Wisconsin State Fair, after eating a lamb sandwich prepared by the LB chef. I gave him my email to get the recipe for the lamb, which he sent and I now am on the restaurant email list. They are having a special Russian menu this Wednesday only. In my fantasty, I will be pretending to be in Doctor Zhivago. I told Nate my plan, that he could be Yuri and I would be Lara, and he just laughed. I had to remind him that HE gave me a musical card that plays the Zhivago theme once upon a time. Anyway, LB is on someone's list of the top 30 restaurants in MKE that we have been working through.

2 comments:

Old MD Girl said...

Pictures of the dress please.

Also, if you like The Wire, you might also like The Shield. There is even more testosterone in The Shield. The acting is not so fantastic, but it didn't matter at all.

CRICKET said...

I will take you advice on the Target clearance rack!