Friday, September 11, 2009

NYC



It seems fitting to have a post about NYC today. Nate & I are in the middle of planning a vacation there later this fall! We will be spending a week in NYC and then taking the train to Philadelphia for 5 days as I have a conference there for work. So far we have all of our hotels booked. We will be staying in the Royalton and Empire Hotel in NYC (due to the busy time we are going we couldn't book the entire week at one). Thank you Travelzoo for the deals we found on those! We are staying at the Crowne Plaza in Philly. Thank you work for covering that!

Nate has been to NYC several times. I have never been and am super excited - it is defintiely #2 on my list of places to go. I am planning to spend part of my teaching salary at Manolo Blahnik, and yes, Nate is well aware of this and I would even venture EXCITED to take me there, among the other places we are aiming to go! We also are going to try to get tickets to West Side Story.

WOOHOO!

Photo Source: Trip Advisor

4 comments:

Old MD Girl said...

If you have time, maybe we can get together for coffee or lunch or something when you're in Philly! It would be great to see you. If you're too busy, I totally understand.... Thought I'd put it out there.

Amy Badler said...

Hey,

I guess you are going to APHA? Like the comment before mine, if you have time it would be great to meet up! If you need any NYC suggestions I am happy to give them. One restaurant you must check out is this one...you will LOVE IT!

http://www.chikalicious.com/

Missy said...

You must go to Serendipity in NYC! Super yum desserts and their signature frozen hot chocolate is awesome. If you make it to Brooklyn - go to Grimaldi's (sp?) pizza. There's usually a long line to get in, but worth it (in my opinion) :)

caroldes7 said...

oh - this is going to be such a fun trip! the ne in the fall is just perfect!