Friday, September 11, 2009

Latest and Greatest in Crafting: Package Exchanges!

Last month I participated in Oh, Hello Friend's Lovely Package Exchange. I had a lot of fun putting my package together for AN.



I made a few of the treasures pictured including a fabric necklace:


My mom taught me how to crochet a few years ago, but I brushed up on my skills with a book from the library to make this wrap bracelet:


I also included some jewelry from Oh Hello Friend's etsy shop, some from a cool shop we went to in Cleveland, various cards and stickers, a pretty floral blank notebook and some Lucia soap.

Instead of just crumpling up tissue paper to protect all of the stuff, I made tissue paper flowers from Martha's Tutorial:


In exchange, I received a fun box containing bamboo sock knitting needles (!), some very lovely light pink pima organic cotton yarn, a knitting project bag and various treats. I have to find a good project to use this awesome yarn on!!

I also participated in a sewing related package exchange that My Mama Made It hosted. I received a great supply of heavyweight fabrics, some of them vintage, a pattern for various bags, various fabric pieces, including some already cut to make a quilt, some thread and some lace trim. I sent S 2 lbs worth of fabric pieces from my collection, various projects using small pieces of fabric, thread and some patterns from my starred collection on Google Reader.

No comments: