Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Book Club

Last night we discussed Blink at book club. Most people thought it was decent, one person really enjoyed it and two of us (myself included) could not finish the book. I felt bad that I was "that person" that didn't finish but seriously. It took all the willpower I had to get to page 70, where I finally gave up in pursuit of the other book I am (enjoying) reading: The Likeness. I think part of the reason I didn't really enjoy the book is because I have to read scientific papers often for work, so it sort of felt like work to me to read this book. Blink does have a lot of fans out there, I am just not one of them I guess.

Other things I am enjoying:
Wilco: The Album. LOVE IT!

Nate's fresh homemade salsa

The fact that 4 of my last 6 meals were made by my friend HC because I have become a leftovers garbage disposal.

Laughing at Lady Gaga's red outfit from the VMAs (thank you to NIOCK for that heads up)

Lipton White Tea with Blueberry & Pomegranite

Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts, which I bought with my gift card from JS.

3 comments:

chacha said...

I heard Wilco on the radio (sirius alt nation) and liked their sound. I'll have to check them out! You should check out Phoenix (Lisztomania is my favorite song of theirs) - I think you might like them, based on the other music you've mentioned :o)

Silky Jess said...

If you ever get to see Wilco live, go, go, go. We saw them this summer and they were fantastic!

Old MD Girl said...

Wilco is AWESOME. They are everywhere now -- not just in Chicago. I heard them playing at the public pool in Italy.