Tuesday, September 22, 2009

BOO-YAH!

At this current moment I am feeling like crud. I have a full blown sinus infection and was not able to sleep last night because I could feel post-nasal drip running down my throat. Gross, I know. Then this morning I volunteered to be a participant in this research study. I knew that it required a blood donation but I was expecting like a tube of blood. I got there this morning and saw a bag full of at least 8 vials. GREAT! Well I don't know if it was the combination of cold medicine I took this morning but I successfully gave them those eight vials of blood and did not pass out. I definitely felt woozy and at one point told the nurse that I wasn't feeling that great and she replied, "You only have one left - you're doing great!". I pulled through and now am just left with that i almost passed out lightheadedness.

But the fact remains. I donated 8 vials of blood today. Ain't nothing going to stop me now. ha ha ha

Here's hoping I will actually be able to remove some of this mucus in my head now.

2 comments:

Old MD Girl said...

Amy -- I finally signed up to donate blood..... TOMORROW. (I know, terrifying right?)

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm sure you'll do fine given your 8 vials though. I wonder what they needed all that for? Did they tell you what the study was about?

caroldes7 said...

I am so sorry you are sick, but CONGRATS on the successful blood donation!!!!! As nutty as it sounds, I'm thrilled for you!