Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weekend

Unfortunately we had to cancel our gathering at the lake on Saturday as our weather was nice...for October in WI. So Nate & I packed up for an impromptu trip to Chicago. We made a trip to Ikea, The Needle Shop and shopping in Lincoln Park and met my old roommate, Shira, for lunch in Lincoln Square. It was a fun time. On our way to Chicago, we were invited to have dinner with Wade, Holly & Alex. Alex and I wore matching outfits - Holly has a picture here.

Sunday we headed to FDL for my family reunion. My grandfather's side of the family has this reunion every other year and it is fun. Once upon a time they made these crazy screenprinted t-shirts for them and my sister and I purchased the remaining two at the last reunion. We were excited to break them out on Sunday.

Sunday night we watched Mad Men and went to bed. I woke up in a cold sweat at about midnight and spent the next two hours in the bathroom or on the bathroom floor. Nate made a run to Walgreens for me at about 1:49. Needless to say I was out of it yesterday and spent the entire day in one position in my bed. ICK. I haven't been that sick in a long time! Nate & I were pretty convinced that it was food poisoning (because we have so much medical experience and all!). I am back to being bipedal today...for the moment at least.

1 comment:

Old MD Girl said...

Yuck! I'm glad you're feeling better now.