Monday, August 31, 2009

Wedding Weekend!

BUSY weekend...

Our car is now fixed. We had it towed to the repair shop on Thursday night and they were able to fix it by Friday afternoon so we could pick it up before we left town for the weekend. Apparently there was some sort of computer glitch where the ignition was no longer "talking" to the fuel pump. Seriously. $170 later and they are talking again. I hope we don't have to continue paying for their therapy!

After picking up the car Friday afternoon we headed to Kiel, WI for the wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. After round 1 of the wedding festivities, Nate & I headed back to FDL to stay with my mom. We woke up bright and early to have breakfast with my family on my uncle's farm. Everyone was preparing for the big thresheree - a day of taking it back to the old school way of farming. We had breakfast and then I had to pick up the ladies to head back to the resort where the reception was being held so we could spend the day relaxing and getting ready with the bride.

Here I am with the Best Man:

Our necklaces were a gift from the bride and I bought a bagful of hair accessories to try since I wasn't really sure what to do with me new 'do. The winner was the headband from Banana Republic.

The weather forecast was not looking very positive for an outdoor wedding; however, the rain held off until right after the backyard ceremony was done! Wedding done at 4:20...Rain started at 4:22. The wedding was beautiful and I'm pretty sure a GREAT time was had by all. Congrats to the new couple!


Nate & I rented a condo at the resort with J&BK and CP & SG and we hosted an impromptu after party after the wedding. I did something to my foot while dancing at the after party and am still hobbling around. Yesterday morning we woke up and headed to the hot tub overlooking the lake with our coffee. Nate & I then headed home and stopped at the worst restaurant we have ever been to. We spent the rest of yesterday lounging around the house and icing my foot!

We only have one more wedding left in 2009!

No comments: