Wednesday, August 26, 2009

HAIR SHOW!

Today was the hair show! In true Amy fashion the minute I woke up this morning I rolled over to wake Nate up and said, "How does it feel to be sleeping with a model?" Ha ha ha. I am so funny at 7 AM.

My Before Shot:


The hair show was more intimate than I thought it was going to be. Mr. Haircut himself was very gregarious and nice. The attendees actually got their picture taken with him so he must be somewhat of a celebrity in the hairstyling world.

It was strange to get my haircut in front of a whole group in a hotel conference room. Throughout the cut, style and remainder of the show, I wasn't able to see what was going on. During my initial consult (before the show) I confessed that I actually really loved my current hairstyle. He said that it was good but that he wanted to shape it more to show off my eyes and take away from the longness of my face (which I couldn't wait to tell my sister since we always make fun of my long p---- face).

I also couldn't believe how quickly he cut my hair. He didn't check to see if the sides were even (they are) or anything. He was a little like Edward Scissorshands with this fancy swivel scissors.

Here is the after:


They styled it so that my bangs were more side swept but basically i still have them! phew! The back is shaped much nicer and isn't so heavy. Overall - i have my same haircut, just improved! The nice bag of product samples was a good perk as well :)

Today was also a landmark day because Nate picked up our cow from the butcher! Check out all of this beef:

And here Nate is conducting a 3rd grade science experiment with the dry ice:

6 comments:

ethan@OPC said...

the new do looks great! sounds like a fun time....

dry ice is fun too.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Love your hair!
You have to tell me how you did this cow thing too. It looks like you are set for a year with all that beef.

BrookeK said...

so cute! love how he did your bangs. Can't wait to see it in person tomorrow!

caroldes7 said...

love, love it! what an experienece. will be interesting to see if your regular stylist can keep it up!

Old MD Girl said...

It looks cute both ways! I love how it is so versatile.