Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Beef. It's What's For Dinner...for the Next Year of our Lives


A few months ago, we decided to purchase and share a half cow with our friends B&LB. The farmer is one of their friends. We got the call today that our cow is at the processor. We then had to decide how we wanted our meat - we are getting a variety of steaks and roasts, stew meat, short ribs and ground beef. We decided to pass on the liver and tongue, although for a moment I thought about it and how I could find something in Mastering the Art of French Cooking to do with it.

It should be ready Friday or early next week and we will finally get to plug in our deep freezer that my dad bought us two years ago for a housewarming gift. So folks, chances are if you are coming over for dinner in the next year, we will be serving some sort of organically raised red meat (unless of course your diet is not agreeable to that)!

Photo Source

3 comments:

BrookeK said...

my mom did this....honestly a genius idea! I only tried the ground beef and sirloin steaks...which were AMAZING! she said everything was delish! Let me know when you are planning on doing it again:)

Old MD Girl said...

Mmmm..... Sounds delicious!

I had some organic tomatoes last night that I picked myself, and they were so sweet and juicy! Too bad the ones at the store have to taste like cardboard.

Emily said...

How very "Farm City" of you. :-)