Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bachelorette Party: The Invitations

I didn't really "discover" blogs until after I got married (which probably is a good thing because I would have been up to my ears in DIY projects) and many of the blogs I read feature very fun ideas for parties, weddings, etc. I was very excited to help plan and host my best friend's bachelorette party and use up some of my starred Google Reader items. Therefore, you will get the play by play of some of the planning facets! I now want to add party planner to my long list of dream jobs.

Let's start with the invitations.
Invitations: Semi-Homemade
There really aren't a lot of unique bachelorette party invitations out there. The only ones that I liked were the ones that were used for my own bachelorette party, planned by JS, so I couldn't very well use the same ones for her! I found some general party invitations at Target that were fun and colorful and featured different drink recipes on them. They also came with matching stickers. Unfortunatley, they were the fill-in variety and didn't have a lot of extra room for the details of the day so I created maps and separate cards using the stickers and cardstock so that they all coordinated. I used some of my scrapbooking paper to create a band to go around all of the paper that featured the colors of the wedding: pink & brown. I found these fun envelope wrappers that also had pink & brown on them as well. I was very pleased with how they turned out!


No comments: