Friday, July 17, 2009

When you want a vacation, get a prescription

Remember my big mission to give blood that failed (again) because I almost passed out? I may have neglected to mention that often I will pass out at "doctor's" offices when nay a needle is around. I say 'doctor' because I once passed out at the chiropractor. I passed out (in a mini-skirt) at the eye doctor while living in Chicago a few years ago. This was my first time doing this at the EYE doctor. Since then I haven't done it again...although I came very close last night. All of these experiences have made me notice the warning signs early on so that I do not end up spread eagle on the floor in a pool of sweat and wake up with my legs up on a chair. After almost fainting, my eye doctor wrote me a prescription (seriously) for a vacation.

Vacation starts at 5 PM today...for a little while. We have a party at RN & JS-soon-to-be-N tonight to meet the other members of the wedding party and then we are helping my dad move into his new house. Monday we are heading to America's largest waterpark with my family for the day: Noah's Ark. We used to go here every summer when I was a kid and I haven't been back in a long time.

1 comment:

Jeannine said...

I passed out the first time I had my eyebrows waxed.

The woman said "there are two ways we can do this, I can count to three or" and she immediately ripped the strip off. I woke up about 5 seconds later.