Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Nigella Yoga Bag




Last year we got my mother-in-law a yoga mat, block, strap kit for her birthday as we thought it might be an activity she might enjoy. Lo and behold she took a class with some of her friends. This year we continued on the theme and got her some cute black yoga capris and I made her the Nigella Yoga Bag pictured above. The bag was very easy to make, has 3 outer pockets and is lined in a coordinating fabric. As I was continuing my last seam around the top, my sewing machine needle broke! Apparently several layers of home decor weight fabric is too much for the needle size - which I knew, but tried to finish it anyways. You can get the pattern, courtesy of (you guessed it, Amy B) here.




I also was reading about this DIY scrub and whipped up some of that as well. This picture isn't the greatest, but I put a cute label on the jar:


The recipe called for 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 tsp vanilla and a few drops of lavendar essential oil. I did not use these amounts. I only put 1 tsp of vanilla in and used maybe 1/8 cup olive oil - just enough to get the brown sugar covered in the oil. We'll see how it works!

No comments: