Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday Monday


How amazing are long weekends?

I kicked off my long weekend with a trip to Summerfest Thursday night with Nate. We had deep fried cheese, free ice cream sandwiches, and a whole lot of people watching entertainment. I had Friday off, while Nate did not, so my sister came over and we did some crafting and chatting. My brother-in-law, who lives in FL, came home for the weekend so we wanted to spend as much time with him as possible, given that we hadn't seen him since Christmas!

We went out for fish fry Friday night at Little Red Inn, home of our rehearsal dinner and the best fish fry in WI (in my opinion). After that we headed for the lake house for the weekend.

I was excited because we were in charge of breakfast Saturday morning and we made one of my favorites, eggs Benedict, complete with real, homemade hollandaise sauce. I was a little nervous attempting this for the first time for a large group of people, but they turned out great! Paired with David's pancake buffet, it was the start of a great food weekend.

The remainder of the weekend was spent wakeboarding, waterskiing, swimming off the pontoon boat, riding jet skis (until Nate and I both leaned too far left and fell off!), lighting fireworks, eating, reading, napping, eating, and learning the lyrics (and dance moves) to Poker Face. I started to feel a little old because I was missing a lot of song references that the young folks were dropping. Thankfully, Monica, Nate's cousin's 17-year old girlfriend, showed up Saturday with a homemade CD of contemporary hits for me. I am now well versed in the ways of Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, at TI.

I am going to have to up my SPF factor - apparently one can still get a litle pink and a lot of freckles with SPF 55.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

caroldes7 said...

So glad you had a great lake weekend!!! Breakfast sounds delish! Seriously sounds like the perfect weekend!!!