Saturday, July 11, 2009

First Pfaff Project - The Amy Butler Frenchy Bag



Well, I didn't win the pattern for the Frency Bag that I posted about last week, so I just bought it. I made one for BLK for her birthday and it turned out great! Using the pattern, you can either make a handbag or a shoulder bag. I opted for the shoulder bag (as seen in the photo above).

But, I was working down to the wire last night to finish it and I forgot to take a picture of my finished product! The main body of the bag and the handles were made out of Amy Butler's Fresh Poppies in Fuschia:


The top panel and inside pockets were made out of Joel Dewberry's Sunburst Dark Green from his Aviary Collection:


The bag turned out really well. I was pretty proud of it and it was super fun making it on the Pfaff. It was my first time using heavyweight interfacing and working with a magnetic snap. Thankfully Burda Style had a tutorial on how to put them on! The pattern and instructions were very easy to use and follow and I likely will be making these for a few more gifts this year!

2 comments:

Crazy 8s said...

ok, so I'm anxiously awaiting a post on your class reunion...mine is in october and i have no idea whether to be excited or terrified (because I remember all of 3 peoples' names)!!!
On another note, I'd like to request that you start a bag blog so I can place my order for a bag like this one. :0)
R

BrookeK said...

I was the very lucky recipient of the bag and I LOVE it!
Amy....I will send you a picture of it or you could just post the snuggie picture...haha! My MIL wants the pattern if you have it...she loved it! Thanks again- you always know how to make me feel so special:)