Tuesday, July 14, 2009

First Book Club


Last night was the inaugural book club meeting and I think it went really well! I basically sent an email out to people that I know in the MKE area. Some of them were interested, some of them invited other people and blogging about it even attracted someone! In total, we have a group of 15 women and will meet on the 2nd Monday of the month, rotating hosts. I made way too much food, but I guess that just means that my lunch today is really good. :)

Seven of us made it to the first meeting. Our first book was Love & Other Impossible Pursuits. I gave this book 3 stars (out of 5) on my Goodreads profile, but it seemed that everyone else there really enjoyed the book. We had a great discussion about it. I'm eager to see what our next book is!!

After book club, I had a craft project to finish up for a birthday gift. I will be blogging about this tomorrow, after the recipient opens it!

Photo Source

1 comment:

Ali said...

Your creativity and energy continues to inspire me! I have a running tally of books I want to read when I have time (and finish the 8,000 books I still have unopened on my shelf...)

You are like my little Martha. :)I just caught up on posts, but I love the bag you made B (goes well with the snuggie!), and also loved the 10 year reunion pics.