Tuesday, July 7, 2009

6 months down...Resolution Update!

The year is half over so I have been reflecting on my new years resolutions.

1. Logging my running miles. I was doing pretty well with this 3 months ago and now I have reverted back to my old ways: aka No logging. I am going to try to pick this one up again.

2. Triathlon. Yeah, it's looking like this is NOT in the cards for 2009 at this point. I basically haven't been in a pool to work on my version of swimming for, oh, 3-4 months now.

3. Clean/Organize closets: Done!

4. Read 30 books. I'm on pace for this - as of today I have read the following 16 books since 1/1/09:
White Teeth
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Julie & Julia: 365 days, 524 recipes, 1 tiny apartment kitchen
The Great Man: A Novel
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Anna Karenina
Revolutionary Road
Animal Vegetable Miracle: A Year of Food Life
North River: A Novel
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Possession: A Romance
The God of Small Things
Love and Other Impossible Pursuits
The Book Thief

Goodreads has really helped track this! And I have been loving swaptree. I have made 3 swaps so far with success.

5. Various cooking-related goals. I did retry the lemon meringue pie and it still failed. I am going to do this with a different recipe. We have made several of the Mastering the Art of French Cooking recipes with success. We still haven't really ventured out in the meat dept yet.

6. Send 52 letters/cards to family friends for non-birthday reasons. I sent 1 card so far. I guess I should get writing!

7. Learn to knit. Done! I am now working on a scarf/shawl from Ravelry for a gift.

8. Make the Stitch Skirt. I am trying a different skirt out of Stitch first, and the pieces are cut out of some hot pink linen but that's as far as I've gotten.

9. Vacation. We are all set for our mini-vacay in 2 weeks and the travel agent is working on Europe.

And now...the house related resolutions:

1. Finish the kitchen. We have to convert our current situation from electric to gas and buy the stove. Seriously..we are dragging on this!

2. Replace all heat vent covers. I think this is done!

3. Bathroom. Ah yes...this is all talk and no action so far.

4. Landscaping. We actually have really been working quite hard on the yard this year and it has paid off. Our flowers look amazing, our herbs are going strong and our vegetables haven't died yet - we even have little tiny tomatoes!

5. Move the piano. Done. It still needs to be tuned but I have been going strong and playing all of my favorites. I should walk to the music store up the street to get some new material. Nate may be a little sick of Mastering the Classics Level 6 by now.

1 comment:

Old MD Girl said...

Flower pictures, please.