Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend Recap

Wowsa - I am really tired.

We had quite the big weekend - one of those when you feel like you need a weekend just to recover from the weekend.

Friday night we went out with four other couples for a fish fry, WI style. We went to Seven Seas on Lake Nagawicka because they have beautiful outdoor seating overlooking the lake....that doesn't open until NEXT weekend. Oh well - we still had a great, semi-private room with a lake view so I can't complain too much. I have to say that this fish fry was only average in my opinion, but I was glad to try another one as we make our way through WI fish fries :)

Saturday morning I went for a run while Nate had a racquetball date with Wade. And can you believe it - I did my favorite loop (5.4 miles) without having to walk! My "blech" days may be over. Then we had to get ready for Chris & Tara's wedding! Unfortunately the weather did not meet the "June wedding" expectation. One would not expect it to be in the 50s and rainy, even in WI. No matter, the day was beautiful and a good time was had by all.

In fact, my feet still feel broken and bruised in a million places from all of the dancing! We danced through "the last dance" (oh..the last dance -that's for you BLK). I think Nate and I enjoy the botanicals a little too much at weddings - here we are at our friends' wedding a few years ago in Kennebunkport posing with part of the floral arrangement on the ride back to the hotel.

On Saturday night, as we were helping clean up the flowers at the end of the night, we (and some other friends) had some more fun with florals:

CLASSY!

Then yesterday we had a graduation party for Nate's cousin Ben, who finished high school! Dual foot massages were in order last night!

2 comments:

caroldes7 said...

Sounds like a fun wedding! Memories... :)

Sarah Danielle: Jeune Marie said...

I heart your dress... and your "couture" hat making skills!