Monday, June 29, 2009

Scenes from the weekend

My niece, Toni, came to stay with us for the weekend. I picked her up on Friday afternoon and it was a non-stop chatter fest until yesterday afternoon. We did lots of fun stuff:

Grilled hot dogs


Made Rainbow Cake (the "recipe" is here but really you make a white cake mix, divide it into 6 bowls, and put food coloring in it. If Toni is any representative, kids LOVE it)


Frosted it with sprinkles:


And Shoveled it in our faces:


Nate shared two of his loves with Toni: Ice Cream & a Modified Poker Chip Toss (it was here that we realized we probably should get some real toys for her!)



We also went to the zoo!



All in all, a fun time with the little munchkin.

4 comments:

hedvig said...

what a nice cake! Leve you a notis in bad english! hope you have a cool day! gretings frome sweden

Crazy 8s said...

What a wonderful aunt you are!!!
That cake is amazing...one day I'll try it in my cupcake cake pan :0)

...of course you realize that you've ruined that child, right? I mean, seriously, what parent can compete with frosted cake, ice cream, hotdogs, and the zoo all in ONE WEEKEND???!!!

I'm just glad Kennedy doesn't have an aunt!

kidding (a little), keep up the great work aunt Amy!

yi said...

Hi! I'm behind you.
Good luck!

Old MD Girl said...

Your cake matches your apron!