Thursday, June 25, 2009

MMMM....PESTO! Presto!


While watering our vegetables and plants in the blistering sun last night, I decided it was time to make the pesto. Our basil fully recovered from my maltreatment and neglect and I easily got 2 cups of leaves from it to make the Joy of Cooking pesto (recipe below). We had it with prosciutto tortellini. YUM! And a Leinengkugel's Summer Shandy never hurt either.

Joy of Cooking Pesto
2 cups fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup pine nuts
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup grated parmesan

Put all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a thick paste forms (a couple of seconds). With food processor running, stream in 1/2 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and you are good to go!

Photo Source: Branch Home

1 comment:

caroldes7 said...

I have a pesto ckn recipe that is on my list to try soon. If it is good, I'll share!