Tuesday, June 16, 2009

14 years and running...

Today it hit me that I have been running for half of my life - 14 years. I signed up for these weekly track workouts for the summer and had to fill out this lengthy questionnaire about my running history. Oh, and I had to get up at 5:30. I contemplated skipping out for about 10 seconds, but got out of bed and to the track. I had a great workout and got to work energized and feeling great. Until about 1:00 PM when I was EXHAUSTED. I am definitely a post-work runner and have to get used to running pre-work, I guess.

In honor of my 14 years of running, I am posting this old picture of my first CC team my freshman year of high school. I'm in the back row behind the girl holding the trophy...bringing sexy back. Let's just say this was at the tail end of my awkward years!

1 comment:

Old MD Girl said...

You were such a dork! So cute.

;-)

I have burned all of my during puberty pictures for this reason.