Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Movie Reviews

The Wrestler.

No, we did not rent this solely b/c Bruce Springsteen wrote the title track for this film. I really did want to see the movie. I have this odd fascination with Mickey Rourke. I just do not understand how someone can go from looking like this (circa 1986 in 9 1/2 Weeks):

to this (circa 2009 in The Wrestler):

Regardless, The Wrestler is a great movie, although there were some brutal scenes that i could not watch. Those of you who have seen Darren Aronofsky's Requiem for a Dream will recall a few scenes of that movie that were also turn your head from the tv worthy. I also highly recommend listening to Bruce through the credits, although I may be biased. ;)

Mamma Mia

One of my favorite musicals, which Nate took me to see when we first started dating. I was impressed with the female characters, and the scenery of Greece but whoever thought Pierce Brosnan could sing, should be fired. I realize that Pierce was blessed in the looks department and is a swoon worthy Sam for Meryl Streep's Donna, but seriously? There weren't any other good looking middle-aged men that could sing? None? As is true with most musicals turned into movies, the movie never compares to the real thing for me, but it was an entertaining movie and had the songs stuck in my head for a few days after. It also made me miss Moose, our family dog that passed away, because he was a big fan of Super Trooper.

BTW, please excuse the fluff lately...we ARE working on finishing the kitchen...but nothing to report as of now.

No comments: