Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Update: The non-SNL version

The weekend was fairly low key and relaxing.

Friday night I rented The Other Boleyn Girl while Nate watched basketball. I do not really recommend this movie. We have become Redbox junkies - if you do not use Redbox, I suggest doing so. Movies are $1 to rent and we have rarely actually paid that dollar becuase there are always free codes available on their website.

Saturday we did the tiling and ate 3/4 of this quiche.
Mushroom Asparagus Quiche
Source: Taste of Home
1 tube 8 oz refrigerated crescent rolls*
2 tsp prepared mustard
1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed & cut into 1/2 in pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup butter
2 eggs, lightly beaten**
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp each dried basil, oregano and sage

Separate crescent doug into 8 triangles, place in ungreased 9 in pie pan. Press into bottom and up sides to form a crust; seal perforations.

Spread with mustard, set aside.

In a large skillet saute asparagus, onion and mushrooms in butter until asparagus is crisp-tender. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in asparagus mixture. Pour into crust.

Bake @ 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes until a knit inserted near the edge comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
*We do not use these. We made a pie crust, which is EZ when you have a food processor.
**We actually use 3 eggs.

Saturday night it started snowing/sleeting which caused us to miss a family function, about an hour away. I was bummed so Nate took me out for some sushi, where in addition to some good sushi, we got a free dessert plate of fresh fruit! Score!

Sunday morning my mom joined us for an impromptu breakfast where we finished the aforementioned quiche. We offered to watch Baby Alex for W&H on Sunday afternoon. He was a doll. We didn't even have to change a poopy diaper!

Additionally, I knitted one more dishcloth and started and finished Revolutionary Road. I have not seen the movie but the book is good. Depressing as heck, but good. After Anna Karenina & this one, I am ready to not read about failing marriages, thus, I'm now onto Animal, Vegetable Miracle.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVED The Other Boylen Girl. I thought it was so good, loved the clothes and all the drama.