Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Rough Day



My great-grandmother Hazel passed away last night. I'm pretty bummed as I was lucky enough to have a relationship with her that started when I was very young. She used to watch my siblings and I after elementary school. She was 94 years old. Although her goal these past few years was to make it to 100, I still hope that I can have such a long life! We will miss her and the fantastic, albeit crazy, stories she would tell us.

In more uplifting news, I started a knitting class with my mother-in-law last night! The class is 3, 2-hour sessions and we are starting with a simple project - a dishcloth. I have started my dishcloth 4 different times now because i always seem to add on a stitch somehow. The shop where we are taking the classes has lots of great projects on display, so I am hoping those will motivate me to continue!

4 comments:

Old MD Girl said...

I'm sorry to hear about your great grandmother. You're lucky that you got to know her. I'm sure you'll live to 94 too.

Ethan said...

Sorry about your great grandmother. 94 is pretty good but that doesn't make it any easier.

Ali said...

Again--I am so sorry to hear about your great grandmother. Thoughts and prayers are going your way!

I am excited to hear about your knitting. If you ever need yarn, let me know. I have TONS from Eric's grandmother. And I have to say--scarves and hats are the most fun to knit--and not much harder than a dishcloth! Just get your hands on some circular needles. :)

chacha said...

94 is quite the lifetime. You are lucky to have been able to know your great-grandmother (I did, too, my last great-grandparent died at 93 when I was 18) - it's crazy how many people grew up without all their living grandparents.

Anyway, I'm sorry you had to lose her... good luck with your knitting :o)