Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Knitting is Taxing

We did our taxes last night. UGH. I hate taxes. Ours are not even necessarily difficult, but just annoying to have to do them. HOWEVER, last year we paid someone to do it and they messed up...two times. So this year, we're back to doing it ourselves.

After taxes, Nate popped a bottle of Shiraz and picked up Tiger Woods Golf on the Wii while I started working on my knitted hat. I did not have the correct size needles for this hat yet, but wanted to practice reading a pattern and the new stitches. I was talking to myself while doing this and Nate asked if i was speaking Japanese. Indeed the world of knitting is like a foreign country to me right now. Thankfully our library had some great knitting books so with those and my pattern, I was able to complete a few rows of k1, yo, k3, sk2p, k3 yo. ha ha ha Oh the lucky baby that will get this hat. (read: heavy sarcasm) While knitting is suppossed to be relaxing, I think the wine was doing more to help balance the curse words that escaped my mouth while knitting.

In other news, have you seen this:

I am hoping to win it from the Craft contest!

1 comment:

Amy Badler said...

This book is a great knitting reference book.

http://www.amazon.com/Vogue-Knitting-Ultimate-Book/dp/193154316X

Good luck with the hat!