Monday, February 9, 2009

And now back to real life...

What a great WARM weekend we had! I ran outside in light clothing 2 days in a row!! woohoo!!

We tried a good ol' WI fish fry at a new place on Friday. The place was cool. The fish fry was not. We are going to give the restaurant one more try with its non-fish fry food. We also rented Wanted. Do not rent this movie it is terrible.

Saturday we did some shopping! (more on this on Friday with the diet recap) and we saw Slumdog Millionaire. I was a little nervous that I my expectations for this movie were too high given the rave reviews it has been getting...but we both loved it. Go see this movie.

Yesterday my sister and I had a craft fest. I continued work on birthday presents and she continued with the freaky hard looking hexagonal quilt that is awesome but gives me a headache just thinking about attempting it.

While we were having the craft fest, Nate puttied holes and touched up paint on the kitchen cabinets that we had missed. I am sure there is a noticeable difference now that he has done this. I just am not picking up on it.

We wrapped up the weekend attempting to master another french recipe from Julia Child: Potato and Leek soup. This is the first recipe of the entire book and very easy. Take 2 quarts of water, 3-4 lbs of potatoes (thinly sliced) and a pound of leeks (thinly sliced) and 1 TB of salt and simmer for 40 minutes. Then take your handy cuisinart hand blender and blend it all together. Remove from heat, add in 6 TB heavy cream, garnish with chives and serve. YUM. (Notice that I am tackling all of the EASY recipes in here first.)

No comments: