Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

As promised, here is my list of things I would like to accomplish in 2009, in no particular order:

1. Start logging my running miles. WHAT?! I don't already do this?! It is surprising to my own neurotic self that I am not already doing this. I log miles when I train for marathons, but don't carry that over to non-marathon training. I was inspired by the 2009 running log I got for renewing my Runner's World subscription and am going to try to log them this year.

2. Do a triathlon. Nate & I talked about doing this after my fall 2008 marathon and it seems like something I would like to try, even though my swimming is still subpar.

3. Clean and organize our closets and get rid of at least a quarter of my clothes and shoes. I may be calling people to help me with this as I am notorious for thinking, "I'll wear that again" and then never do.

4. Read 30 books. Although I probably wasn't religious about tracking this in 2008, by my Good Reads list I read 25 books in 2008. This seems like a dismal amount to me although I am getting much better at carving out time to read - it was much easier for me to zip through books while living in Chicago as i could read several hours a day on the train.

5. Retry making the Lemon Meringue Pie. I also would like to try making more meat selections and perfect a couple of recipes from Mastering the Art of French Cooking, which I received for Christmas.

6. Send 52 letters/cards to friends/family instead of email. I used to do this a lot and LOVE when I get these in my own mailbox. I will admit that I didn't come up with this on my own - I recall AH's mom, Anne, doing this at one time.

7. Learn to knit. I tried learning this from my sis a few years ago and it didn't stick. My mother in law and I may take a class from Hartford's new knitting shop.

8. Make the skirt on the cover of Stitch magazine (pictured below).

I really would like to branch out and continue making clothes...but my hideous bathrobe scared me!

9. VACATION! Each year we have managed to go on a fabulous vacation and I hope the same will continue for 2009 - Europe perhaps?

2 comments:

Kristina said...

What a great list! I think the new year is a great time to reflect on what you would like to accomplish. Plus, your list is fun!

pve design said...

We have a great group here that knits once a week. Try to gather a group, we all learn from one another and provide support and friendship! Love your list!
Happy 2009!