Monday, December 8, 2008

Holiday Preparations


The weekend was a good one. My mom and sister came over to make Christmas cookies - it was a 9 hour extravaganza! We ended up making the following concoctions:

Peanut butter balls
Chocolate covered peanuts
Old School Rock Candy
Cut-outs (of course)
Gingerbread Men
Peanut Butter Hershey Kiss cookies
Pecan Snowballs
Homemade caramels
Fudge

I also made my niece, a 2 1/2 year old fan of Diego, this apron for Christmas.

She is a fan of cooking so I thought it would be a fun thing for her to have. I still have to make the coordinating Chef's hat, but am happy with how the apron turned out. I went by 3 different patterns, this one, one of those free Jo-Ann pamphlets, and one my aunt made me (as seen on my mother above).

And....we got a Christmas tree! We haven't decorated it yet, but pictures will be forthcoming!

2 comments:

BCK said...

Super cute!

Missy said...

Very cute! And I love that you spent 9 hours baking and then 'oh yeah, also whipped up an apron'. Love it!