Monday, December 1, 2008

The Drain is FIXED! (For Real this Time)

We owe a HUGE thank you to WB who came over to assist with the drain unclogging saga.
WB has access, through his job, to many crazy tools, including this industrial sized power auger:


No, this is not a joke. I came home from yoga and found this thing in my kitchen and burst out laughing. You even had to wear these protective, and creepy, gloves to operate it, as Nate is modeling:


Unfortunately, the power auger was too industrialized for our little kitchen pipes, despite WB's alterations to the end piece. He did not give up, though, and by bending and widening the end of our little snake, they finally powered through the clog. Ladies and gentleman, let me say that YOU KNOW when you have powered through the clog - disgusting black clumps will get stuck at the end of the auger. (I did not think you would want to see a picture of this). I almost think I need to write the company that makes the snake to tell them to include this tidbit of information in their instructions.

Thanks to WB and his perserverance, our drain is now officially declogged without calling an (expensive) plumber! WOOHOO! Burches: Dinner is on us!

3 comments:

Ethan@OneProjectCloser said...

Fred and I used something similar to that on a toilet in his house. It was probably the most disgusting thing I've ever endured. Hurray for getting rid of the clog!!

caroldes7 said...

Yay! I'm so glad you were able to resolve this- I kinda want to see the picture though!

yuki said...

I'm looking forward to the next update.