Friday, December 5, 2008

BIG WINNER!

I received an invitation to this salon holiday party a few weeks ago and planned on attending because they were offering 20% off Aveda products (although BCK and I were debating if it was better to get 20% off or double Aveda points?). Nate accompanied me to the party and we were surprised to find free mini services and holiday cocktails. After having a Poinsettia martini (3 parts champagne, 1 part triple-sec and 1 part cranberry) I got a hand treatment and he a pressure point massage. All people who got the hand treatment were entered into a raffle for a $100 gift card to the salon good for services or products. We left the party feeling relaxed and headed home to watch a movie. Mid movie I received a call - I WON ONE OF THE GIFT CARDS! Woohoo!

In other news, we got about 4 more inches of snow the other day and are expecting more this weekend! I know that I will be sick of the snow come February (or March, April, May...) but pre-holiday season, I love it.

Last night, we headed over to the C's house for some cookie decorating and gingerbread house making. You can check out a picture of the house here:

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Ethan@OneProjectCloser said...

Congratulations! It always feels good to win stuff. Jocie and I won a HD gift card at our HOA meeting. It was by far the highlight.

And, I wish it was snowing here in MD.

Missy said...

how might one acquire aveda points? please fill me in. :) I just spent a ridiculous amount of money on aveda stuff at van michael. What is your product of choice?