Wednesday, November 26, 2008

This post begins and ends with FOOD

Well the kitchen sink is still having drainage issues. Lucky us. Thank goodness we did not volunteer to host any Thanksgiving dinners this year!

Nate re-snaked the drain and we also tried Draino last night. This made the drain go from absolutely no drainage to a slow-moving drain. After reading up on drain augers, he realized that he wasn't doing the snaking properly so he is going to try it one more time tonight.

W&HB told us about a similar situation they once had where they had to open the drain in their basement and clean out the sludge/food. This story was repeated to me by a coworker this morning. I am hoping it does not come to that b/c I may vomit, which would only serve to clog the drain more!

SO...new topic. We have be working out everyday since joining the Y last weekend. This means that Nate has gone from no working out to full fledge working out and I am trying to expand my workouts to be more than just running. After my last spout with back/hip issues, I was told I needed to strengthen my core. When my new swimsuit comes from Sierra Trading Post, Nate will be helping me work on swimming (he IS a former swim team member!). In the meantime, I am just trying to continue lifting weights so I can move the machines beyond 10 lbs. Yes, I am a wuss.

All this talk of working out is making me hungry - thank goodness Thanksgiving starts tomorrow!

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

chacha said...

You and I with the plumbing problems. Oy. I hope you guys work it out tonight without any sludge nastiness. And I hope my dishwasher problem is figure out tonight as well.

I find the running seems to use certain muscles while others get under-used which then leads to injury. The only time I felt truly healthy running long distance was when I was weight 3 times a week in addition to my runs. It was a hassle. But you do what you have to do.

Core strengthening - you might try pilates or yoga. I have gotten much stronger after practicing regular yoga. Doesn't your Y have some classes? I actually teach at our YMCA, so figured yours might have classes, too!

Anyway, have a happy Turkey Day!

Silky Jess said...

What? Nate was a swimmer? How did I not know this? Nate and I could have bonded over the craziness of it. Swimming will definitely help with the core stuff, as will pilates. Good luck. And, have a great Thanksgiving.