Monday, October 27, 2008

Jack O Lantern Ideas


We carved our pumpkins last week in time for trick or treating yesterday. I happen to think we did a fairly good job, considering we all we had was an old school knife and not a fancy kit.

We also roasted the pumpkin seeds - yum! Clear the seeds of the pumpkin, toss in olive oil and salt, spread on a cookie sheet and roast at 250 degrees for a couple hours until they are nicely golden brown. The house will smell delish as well.

Want a green way to light up your house, jack o lantern style? Check out these cool cans from Martha Stewart:


Directions here. What a great way to recycle!

Photo Sources: Top is mine, Bottom is courtesy of Martha Stewart

Update: Check out this website to download a BUNCH of political pumpkin templates!

2 comments:

chacha said...

Love the can idea!

Man, I wish my kitchen was done so I could roast pumpkin seeds - they sound yummy.

Hope third time is a charm for your countertops!

Mc Allen said...

omgos HOW teriffic!!! I am doing this and thanks for the idea, yours are so cute!! I'm off to check out the marths stewart link!! ;) L A