Friday, October 24, 2008

I SWEAR this started out as "work"...

A colleague and I were trying to adjust images in order to prepare images for a journal article and having a hell of a time meeting the specifications because we don't have access to Photoshop. What a perfect time to discover Gimp, which is like Photoshop, but FREE! I have downloaded it, but have not actually used it. Thanks to Chasing Imperfection for posting about it!

Then, I started wandering further and further into the depths of starred items on my Google Reader and discovered this cool site, Polyvore, courtesy of How About Orange. The site will allow you to upload images, or link to images on the web to create collages. I always like seeing those collage type things on blogs and websites so maybe I will get around to making my own one day.

So there you have it - two cool sites that may help you in your own work, or on the contrary, make more distraction for you at work!

No comments: