Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Baby Shoes: Check!

I LOVE shoes, and exactly 3 months ago today, I posted about these baby "shoes" that I was going to make. I did actually make them for my friends' Ali & Eric baby Miles. They were going to accompany us on our road trip to be hand delivered next month.

Then I got nervous that they wouldn't fit the growing bebe and mailed them.

I was happy to hear that they fit, with room to grow!

How cute are these? I can't wait to see them on the little tyke!



The shoes really are very very easy to make. The pattern included is suppossed to fit 0-6 month olds, but I would measure the foot of the baby before making them if possible b/c I think they look a little big when finished. (Probably b/c i have no baby of my own to compare it to!) 45 minutes is all it took from cutting out the fabric pieces to finishing them. And with the amount of grey fleece I bought, I could probably cobble about 300 more of these things!

2 comments:

caroldes7 said...

yay! glad to hear they fit. they really are just so cute!

Silky Jess said...

You truly are a domestic goddess. Forget that whole public health degree, you should open a business!