Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Latest and Greatest in Crafting

Here are the before and after pictures of the vent covers in our living room that Nate replaced a few nights ago.
OLD


NEW



We realized last night that we are as far as we can go with our in progress kitchen until the new cabinet is made for the trash. So, I dug out the sewing machine to clear a few projects out of that queue!
This project has been a long time coming. My mom took my sister and I to California several years ago and I found this fabric in the fashion district. It reminded me of "old Hollywood" and I thought it would make a cool robe. So I bought it for my mom or sister to make me the robe. Fast forward a few years and I still had the fabric, but no robe. My mom gave me an "easy-sew" pattern. While I didn't really think it was 'easy', the robe is now finished, with a few noticeable mistakes.

Then I got down to making Amy Butler's wide-leg pajama pants that are featured in her book, In Stitches. The patterns and directions in this book are very easy to use. Here are my finished pants:


I will be making the sleeping mask that is also in the book in the same fabric as the drawstring for a cute gift for a certain someone that I don't think reads this blog, but you can never be too careful!

2 comments:

Ali said...

I don't know how you do it. You are amazing. I still remember the struggle with my boxers and scrunchy in middle school sewing class. I smell the beginning of a sewing empire.

Ms. Tee said...

What pretty vent covers. :) And your robe and pj's look great! I have to learn to sew better!