Tuesday, January 22, 2008

We're BAAACK! (aka Curtailing Junk Mail)

Sorry for the lack of posts recently, but we were enjoying a nice 10-day vacation in FL and GA. And while we were in Atlanta, that damn snow followed us! Our friends there were excited, but alas, we were not!

Of course when you go on vacation, you return to a bunch of mail. Coincidentally, I received an email about ways to avoid junk mail which is not only a headache, but is a waste of paper as well. I thought I would share.

Website #1, Catalog Choice, allows you to sign up to NOT receive any catalogs you may get but not want.

Website #2 allows you to opt out of any non-direct mailings.

Website #3 allows you to opt out of those annoying insurance and credit card offers.

I have no idea if these actually work, however, I did sign up for all three in an effort to curtail our junk mail!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Amy,
I am so slow on the uptake! I didn't know you had a blog! I am adding you to my blog role immediately. Okay not immediately cause I am really tired and want to go to bed but definitely tomorrow.

And dude, I thought you lived in Chicago?
I am so behind. Literally and figuratively :)