Friday, December 28, 2007

Ice, Ice Baby

It is the general opinion that people (i.e. John McGivern) who choose to live in this state should not complain about winter. One of the advantages of living in WI is that we have 4 seasons, winter being one of them. Winter = snow, cold, ice, slush, short days.

Well, last night I was cursing winter. Our driveway has a bit of an incline as our house is on top of a little hill. In summer, this makes mowing the lawn a pain and in winter, it makes getting your car into the garage a pain. Luckily I have a husband who is rather diligent with the shovel!

HOWEVER, while making my way up the driveway last night with our garbage bin in my left hand and our recycling bin on my right, I hit a patch of ice and BAM! On the ground with both huge, wheeled bins on top of me. I couldn't take it. I just laid there and cried...and cursed. I left the bins where they were and went to put on my big snowboots and tried again. This time, the bins made it to the garage. I still had blood all over the top of my foot where something on the bin must have cut into it and a bruise on my knee. So that's it...I am SICK of winter! (no comments re: my history of clutziness)

UPDATE 10 MINUTES LATER: Literally right after I got done with this post it started snowing! God must read my blog :)

No comments: